- The Mikroturn® V2, covers parts up to 30" (1000 mm) in diameter and 4400 lb (2000 kg) in weight
- The Mikroturn® V4 machines OD and ID simultaneously, greatly contributing to cycle time savings of up to 40%
HIGH PRECISION VERTICAL HARD TURNING MACHINE
High precision, fully hydrostatic, vertical hard turning machines for large workpieces up to 59” (1500 mm) in diameter and 4400 lb (2000 kg) in weight.
One of the most accurate vertical hard turning machines in the world
Obtain ready-to-market workpieces without the need for any post-processing.
- Dimensional tolerances of ≤ 0.00008” (2 µm)
- Roundness of ≤ 0.00002” (0,5 µm)
- Surface finishes of 4-16 µin (0,1 – 0,4 µm) Ra
Due to its versatility, this lathe can be found in many sectors
You can machine complex contours or perform combinations of ID and OD machining in a single clamping. This machine has a solution for many industries or workpieces, such as:
Ideal for small and frequently changing workpiece series
- Very simple changeover and set-up. In many cases, it takes under 30 minutes
- High material removal rates, even in hardened steel or carbide
- Ideal for small and medium-sized batches requiring high flexibility
> 40 years of knowledge in hydrostatic bearing systems
- Superb damping properties
- High stiffness, independent of speed
- Good thermal stability
- No wear, and thus, consistent accuracy for decades
- Longer tool life
Consistent accuracy, even after 20 or 30 years
The absence of metal-to-metal contact between moving machine elements results in:
- Wear-free platform
- Low operational costs
- Repeatability after 20 or 30 years
Wear-free hydrostatic main spindle
High precision hydrostatic main spindle with guaranteed run-out ≤ 0.000004” (0,1 µm) and high dynamic stiffness.
High dynamic stiffness, high surface accuracy, and good tool life.
Granite base and main spindle housing
All components critical for precision are mounted on a natural granite base, which is inherently temperature stable and vibration-damping.
Plus vibration absorbing mounts isolate the granite base from the machine’s metal frame. Corrosion free and free of any stresses.
Wear-free hydrostatic guideways
High precision hydrostatic guideways with 0.00004” (1 µm) positioning and 0.000008” (0,2 µm) repeatability, controlled by linear guides.
Siemens or Fanuc control
Siemens 840D SL or Fanuc 321 CNC control, with 0.000,000,4” (0,01-micron) resolution.
Heat sources and vibrating elements are placed outside the machining area, ensuring excellent thermal stability during series production.
- Magnetic chucks
- Automated tool changer
- Part probe
- Tool measurement
- Tool life monitoring
|Max. turning diameter||mm||800||1000||1000||1500|
|Max. turning height||mm||350||350||350||350|
|CNC control unit||-||Siemens 840D||Siemens 840D||Siemens 840D||Siemens 840D|
Inner & outer ring
- Customized maintenance plans based on your production needs: ball bar test, verification of geometry and much more
- Retrofitting: We overhaul the complete machine or specific modules, such as the workhead and guiding systems
- Engineering and process development: Select the proper clamping and tooling solution for your new part