A machine dedicated to making a single part with the following dimensions:
MASS PRODUCTION GRINDING MACHINE
The PG is a machine for standardised parts in mass production.
Due to the tremendous stiffness of the machine structure, you can use bigger grinding wheels (up to Ø915 mm) to get higher efficiency.
Wheels up to Ø915 mm to grind in one set-up
- Max. wheel dimensions, straight and angular, single wheel: Ø760 x 350 mm or Ø915 x 200 mm
- Max. wheel dimensions, B axis, multiple wheels: Ø760 x 200 mm
Although it’s a single part machine, it’s easy to retool the PG
We adapt your machine to your new process, adjusting all the required mechanics and software.
One of the most ergonomic grinding machines
- Large protective window for excellent visibility of the working area
- The distance between the operator and the workpiece axis is perfect for part (un)loading
- The design enables a fast grinding wheel change
- Manufactured and machined on a unique and rigid piece
- Made of stress-relieved pearlitic cast iron
X and Z axes
- Hydrostatic V and flat slideways
- The slide is driven by a ballscrew with direct coupling to a CNC controlled servomotor
- A high resolution absolute linear scale controls the positioning
Workhead & tailstocks
- Rigid castings, made in modular designs with selected materials for stable temperature performance
- Compressed air lifting systems for comfortable set-ups, and easy repositioning of the tailstock along the table
Grinding spindle heads
- Mounted on proven ultra precision bearings (hydrostatic optionally) with lifetime grease lubrication
- Driven by built-in electro-spindles
Swivelling B axis
Automatic swivelling, driven through a torque motor, and controlled by high resolution rotary encoder.
It can position in any angle, with a mechanical locking and pneumatic unlocking system.
From straight (S) or angular (A) infeed types to a full swivelling wheel head B axis that can hold several configurations to provide the most flexible grinding solutions.
- Fixed dresser
- Dressing disc spindle
- Dresser at workhead
- Roller dresser
- Three jaw chucks
- Customised chucks
- Hydraulic jaw chucks
- Manual and hydraulic tailstocks
- Synchronous tailstocks
- Taper adjustment
- Touch probe
- In-process measuring
- Post-process measuring
- Non-contact measuring
We can offer you a machine including (un)loading systems, feeding or storage systems, and auxiliary stations.
Robot inside the machine.
Robot integrated in a cell coupled to the machine.
Robot outside the machine.
Gantry integrated in the machine.
Gantry outside the machine.
Combination of an integrated gantry and an external robot cell.
Combination of an external gantry and an external robot cell.
|Max. distance between centers||mm||600||1000|
|Max. diameter to be ground||mm||440||440|
|Max. weight between centers||kg||500||500|
|Max. grinding wheel diameter||mm||Ø760 x 350||Ø910 x 200|
|Max. wheel peripheral speed||m/s||80||120|
|Max. distance between centers||in||23.62||39.37|
|Max. diameter to be ground||in||17||17|
|Max. weight between centers||lb||1100||1100|
|Max. grinding wheel diameter||in||Ø30 x 13.8||Ø36 x 7.8|
|Max. wheel peripheral speed||sfpm||15750||23620|
EV motor shaft
EV reducer shaft
- We have programs to exchange your damaged or worn spindle for one we have in stock to eliminate downtime
- Remote machine diagnosis: Keep your machine connected and analyse the vibration threshold of your machine spindles
- Customised maintenance plans based on your production needs: laser interferometry tests, measuring equipment calibration and much more
- Updated catalogue of upgrades (electronic & mechanical) to improve your OEE, reduce maintenance times, and avoid obsolescence