You can machine workpieces with complex contours, or perform combinations of ID and OD machining in a single clamping, avoiding re-clamping errors.
HIGH PRECISION HORIZONTAL HARD TURNING MACHINE
The Mikroturn® is an ultra precise, fully hydrostatic, horizontal hard turning machine for hardened workpieces up to 70 HRC.
A Mikroturn® for every type of workpiece
- For high volume productions
- For small to medium size parts up to 380 mm in diameter
- For heavy and large parts up to 610 mm in diameter
- For long workpieces up to 1000 mm in length
Change your workpiece and set-up in under 30 minutes
- Very simple changeover and set-up. In many cases, it takes under 30 minutes
- High material removal rates, even in hardened steel or carbide
- Ideal for small and medium-sized batches requiring high flexibility
> 40 years of knowledge in hydrostatic bearing systems
- No wear, and thus, consistent accuracy for decades
- Superb damping properties
- High stiffness, regardless of the speed
- Good thermal stability
- Long tool life
Consistent accuracy, even after 20 or 30 years
The absence of metal-to-metal contact between moving machine elements leads to:
- A completely wear-free platform
- Low operational costs
- Repeatability even after 20 or 30 years
Wear-free hydrostatic main spindle
High precision hydrostatic main spindle with a guaranteed runout error ≤ 0,1 µm.
High dynamic stiffness, high surface accuracy, and excellent tool life.
Granite base and main spindle housing
All components critical for precision are mounted on a natural granite base, which is inherently temperature stable and vibration damping. Plus vibration absorbing mounts isolate the granite base from the machine’s metal frame.
Corrosion-free and free of any stresses.
Wear-free hydrostatic guideways
High precision hydrostatic guideways having 1 µm positioning and 0,2 µm repeatability, controlled by linear guides.
Heat sources and vibrating elements are placed outside the machining area, ensuring excellent thermal stability during series production.
Siemens or Fanuc control
Siemens 840D SL or Fanuc 321 CNC control, with 0,01 µm resolution.
- Air chuck
- Magnetic chuck
- Fixed tools
- Live tooling
- Steady rest
- Part probe
- Tool measurement
- Tool wear measurement camera system
- In-process tool life measurement
- Grinding spindle
- Stone finishing
We can offer you a machine including (un)loading systems, feeding or storage systems, and auxiliary stations.
Robot inside the machine.
Robot integrated in a cell coupled to the machine.
Robot outside the machine.
Gantry integrated in the machine.
Gantry outside the machine.
Combination of an integrated gantry and an external robot cell.
Combination of an external gantry and an external robot cell.
Inner & outer ring
Gear pump shaft
Piston for radial & axial motors
EV motor shaft
Ball screw nut
Machine tool spindle shaft
- Customised maintenance plans based on your production needs: ballbar test, verification of geometry and much more
- Retrofitting: We overhaul the complete machine or specific modules, such as the workhead and guiding systems
- Engineering and process development: Select the proper clamping and tooling solution for your new part